It takes only three seconds for a user to decide if they will continue to look through your website or go back to the search results.
You wouldn’t go to a huge sales meeting wearing havainas, would you? I’d say your potential clients wouldn’t be very impressed. Well, believe it or not, online first impressions are just as important.
- What impression are you creating?
- What does your current image say about your business?
- Does your image tell people that they can trust you?
When visitors first land on your website they judge not just your website but your company as well. If they don’t like the look of your website they don’t tend to keep exploring further than the home page. Visitors will look at your logo, main navigation menu, the website’s main image, home page content and the bottom of your page.
A website’s first impression is related to how effectively designed your website is. A good looking website gives your business credibility and confirms that your business is capable of providing the service they are looking for. Your visual communication is just as important as the products or services you offer. To generate enquiries you need to influence your visitors with your visual appeal and create a positive first impression. The better the first impression, the longer visitors will stay on your page.
Things To Consider When Designing Your Website
- people will stop engaging with a website if the design is unattractive.
- customers search the web before making a purchase decision.
- a website user’s first impressions are design-related.
- consumers admit to making judgements on a company’s credibility based on the company’s website design.
- It takes 1 second for users to form a first impression on a website.
- It takes 3 seconds for a users eyes to land on the area of the website that most influences their first impression